Mi’kmaw Family Healing Centre - Millbrook
24 Hour Help Line: 893-8483 Toll-free: 1-800-565-4741
The Mi’kmaw Family Healing Centre in Millbrook serves all First Nations on mainland Nova Scotia except Paq’tnkek First Nation.
Mi’kmaw Family Healing Centre (Millbrook) is one of two Shelters in Nova Scotia designed to serve First Nation People. Our culturally relevant holistic programming is available to all First Nation men, women and children who have experienced family violence.
All the Support staff are committed to assisting First Nation women, men, and children to develop and maintain a healthy and violence-free lifestyle. Families can also receive programming through the Outreach program within their own communities with workers who are knowledgeable of their language, values, and lifestyle.
- Protection, safety, shelter, and basic life necessities to women and children.
- 24-hour crisis support telephone line.
- Support and information to women, men, and children to enable them to develop and maintain a healthful and violence-free lifestyle.
- Individual and Group Support for women, men, and children.
- Outreach services to women, men, and children.
- Referral and follow-up to other social services programs.
- Community Education in Family Violence Intervention, Healing, and Prevention
Truro NS B2N5E5