24 Hour Help Line: 752-0132 Toll free: 1-888-831-0330
Tearmann House offers shelter and services to abused women and their children. We serve Pictou, Antigonish and Guysborough counties.
Administration (902) 928-0774
Business (Shelter) (902) 752-1633
Outreach (902) 752-2591
Child Care Counsellor (902) 755-6390
The name TEARMANN comes from a Gaelic word meaning ‘refuge’. While members of the Tearmann Society engage in various activities in support of the victims of family violence, the most important role of Tearmann House is to be a safe place for abused women and their children.
- shelter to women in physically, emotionally, and/or sexually abusive relationships
- food, shelter, and basic personal needs for women and their children
- a child care program which recognizes the children are in a crisis too and provides services to meet their needs
- skilled and supportive staff to provide information, referrals, counselling, and support groups
- shelter 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, to a 6 week maximum.
New Glasgow NS B2H5E2