Mi'kmaw Family Healing Centre - We’koqma’q
24 Hour Help Line: 756-3440 Toll Free: 1-800-565-3440
Mi'kmaw Family Healing Centre (We’koqma’q) is one of two Shelters in Nova Scotia designed to serve First Nation People. Our culturally relevant holistic programming is available to all First Nation men, women and children who have experienced family violence.
All the Support staff are committed to assisting First Nation women, men, and children to develop and maintain a healthy and violence-free lifestyle. Families can also receive programming through the Outreach program within their own communities with workers who are knowledgeable of their language, values, and lifestyle.
- Protection, safety, shelter, and basic life necessities to women and children.
- 24-hour crisis support telephone line.
- Support and information to women, men, and children to enable them to develop and maintain a healthful and violent-free lifestyle.
- Individual and Group Support for women, men, and children.
- Outreach services to women, men, and children.
- Referral and follow-up to other social services programs.
- Community Education in Family Violence Intervention, Treatment, and Prevention
Inverness County NS B0E 3M0