Women's Safety Publications
- Understanding Abuse
- Safety Planning
- Safety Planning Checklist
- Do I Stay or Leave
- Legal Matters
- Your Children
- Neighbours, Friends, and Families
- Services and Supports
Making Changes Video Series
Neighbours, Friends, and Families
How to help someone who has an abusive partner (PDF)
Comment aider une personne dont la ou le partenaire est violent? (PDF)
You may know someone whose partner is abusing them. This brochure gives you some warning signs of abuse, and some ways you can help.
Safety planning for women who are abused (PDF)
Planification de la sécurité (PDF)
A safety plan lays out how you can protect yourself and your children, and how you can make a plan to keep as safe as possible.
This brochure gives you information about how to make a safety plan.
How to talk to someone who is abusive (PDF)
Comment parler à une personne violente envers sa ou son partenaire? (PDF)
Anyone can help to stop abuse. This brochure tells you about the warning signs and helps you talk to someone who may be hurting the people who love them.
Neighbours, Friends, and Families Video Series
- Domestic Violence in Nova Scotia 2022 Fact Sheet
- Domestic Violence in Nova Scotia 2021 Fact Sheet
- Domestic Violence in Nova Scotia 2020 Fact Sheet
- Domestic Violence in Nova Scotia 2019 Fact Sheet
- Domestic Violence in Nova Scotia 2018 Fact Sheet
Opinion Polling 2019
- Domestic Violence and Gender Equality - Final Report
- Domestic Violence Infographic
- Gender Equality Infographic